Valgri today boasts a wide range of products from canned tomatoes and cherry tomatoes and legumes up to the typical Campania’s products. The quality of the Valgri product is guaranteed primarily by careful choice of raw materials and also quality controls made on the whole production process.
Our story originated from the Coppola family passion for the land and its fruits that has been handed down for four generations. It all originated from the cultivation of few land, treated with care and dedication, that produced tasty and natural products. Thanks to an high business sense, over the years the Coppola family begun to deal with its production marketing.
The products of Coppola family established themselves in a short time on the market and in 1992 they have a strong push caused by the birth of the well-known brand Valgrì, synonymous with quality and authenticity.
Valgrì today, on his lands of Vesuvius slopes, looks after the entire production of some products and also the goods sewing, harvesting and marketing. Valgrì is a company with an ambitious aim: to select and present on the market only high quality goods. Valgri , reconciling innovation and quality, offers on Italian tables genuine and typical products that can decorate any dish.
Vesuvius cherry tomatoes PDO
The Vesuvius cherry tomatoes is a tomato variety cultivated only in this area. It has an oval shape and a small goatee end. The Vesuvius cherry tomatoes having a thick skin, which acts as a wrapper for a compact pulp, can be canned for a long time . They are traditionally picked in clusters and hanged off the balconies, taking for this reason the name of “piennolo” (pendulum). The soils in which this variety grows, are the result of lava millennia stratification and are difficult to reach because they are at an high altitude. For this reason they are also called “mountain production”.
Why chose the Vesuvius Piennolo cherry tomatoes PDO ?
- High consistency of the skin
- High sugars and minerals concentration
- Fruit small size exalting its flavor
- Suitability for a long and natural conservation
- Integrated production which guarantees a lower environmental impact.
- Tomato is made up of 94% of water and it is very rich in vitamins and minerals: potassium, lycopene, A , C, E vitamin.
- C vitamin and Lycopene: powerful antioxidants
- A vitamin that is an excellent treatment for visual disorders, allows bone growth, protects and help the skin to be healthy.
- E vitamin that feeds the skin, helps to prevent cardiovascular disease and to fight against eye disorders
- Potassium regulating the body water balance.
Tomato beneficial property:
- Slimming properties: as they are able to stimulate the carnitine amino acid production, used by the body to transform lipids into energy
- Osteoporosis Prevention: thanks to lycopene content
- View protection: thanks to the lutein and beta-carotene content
- Digestive Property: thanks to the vegetable fibers content.
- Diuretic Property: thanks to the high water content.
The Coppola Enterprise ltd follows all stages of production, processing and saling of tomatoes and cherry tomato stages. It starts with tomato seeds choice to cultivate for the cultivation in the soils under the slopes of Vesuvius. From the seed to the fruit the growth is followed with care and dedication in order to transform only the best products.
After the crop there is the transformation phase: our production, even adopting the latest technologies , respects the traditional systems handed down over time. At every production phase we deal with quality control to guarantee the product value. Tomatoes come in boxes after being washed they are selected through optical sorters and then manually by staff.
After this control the tomato is ready to be transformed and bottled. The care about quality at every process stage and the long experience made the Valgrì brand appreciated and respected, the assurance of genuine and tasty products.
Valgrì today boasts a wide range of products from canned tomatoes and cherry tomatoes and legumes up to the typical Campania’s products. The quality of the Valgrì product is guaranteed primarily by careful choice of raw materials and also quality controls made on the whole production process.