Tacos de Suadero
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Total Time50 min
- Yield12 Pieces
For Tacos de Suadero
- 2 Lbs. of Suadero Meat read above for details about the cut of meat
- 2 Tbs. of beef rendered fat or vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups of water of more just enough to cover the meat.
- 1/2 white onion finely diced.
- 1 small bunch cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
- A hot salsa of your choice
Place the meat and beef fat or oil into a pot and cover with the water. Cook for about 2 hours until meat is tender. Add more water if needed during this process if the meat is not tender.
Once the meat is tender and the water has reduced, the meat will start to brown with the fat. At this time you can either shred the meat or chop it on your cutting board and return it to the pot to lightly brown before forming the tacos.
Warm the corn tortillas to form the tacos, top with the chopped onion and cilantro, and season with salt. Sometimes I cook the meat in advance and just brown on the griddle while warming the tortillas when ready to serve.