Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight
This is a simple chocolate delight recipe for any type of potluck occasion, and the pan always comes home empty.
- Prep Time35 min
- Total Time35 min
- Yield15 Servings
For the chocolate chip cookie delight
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Optional: Chopped nuts, chocolate curls and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in 1-3/4 cups whipped topping. Spread over crust.
In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls if desired.
Cover and refrigerate until firm, 8 hours or overnight.
Test Kitchen Tips
You've got to love how no-fuss this is, but if you have a favorite homemade cookie recipe and are feeling ambitious, by all means substitute it for the prepared dough.
Be sure to beat or whisk your pudding for a full 2 minutes to thicken it. A hand mixer on medium speed is a good choice, but hand whisking and a little elbow grease work, too.